Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Beauty of Prague

Prague

Today we spent our last day in Prague. It is an absolutely beautiful city with amazing views from every vantage point. Mrs. Wilson couldn't stop taking pictures and I just walked around in awe!


Our first day here we walked around Old Town and visited Prague Castle which is the oldest medieval castle in the world and has the most amazing view of the Prague out almost every window. I have to say that while I liked walking around the castle, I much more prefer to see it from a distant in the back-drop of Prague. It looks so impressive taking up the skyline.




That first day we also found St. Nicholas's church- a Jesuit church. We have found so many Jesuit churches or I guess I should say they have found us! (I will have to elaborate later on that) As for St. Nicholas's- it is an extremely ornate church with so much to see and even with so many tourists running about snapping pictures, it is able to hold it's holy ground and remain foremost a place of prayer. We found one alter dedicated to St. Ignatius and spent time here taking photos, saying a prayer, and thinking of our BC high connections to a place so far away from Morrissey Blvd.




The last place we spent a good deal of time at was the ghetto/camp at Terezin, which is about an hour from Prague. I need a little more time to put my thoughts together on this moving memorial, but will blog later about what we learned there.

All in all, I am sad to leave Prague. It has been a magical place to discover. Mrs. Wilson and I wandered up and down streets, alleys and of course, the Charles Bridge. It has been a wonderful part of our trip.

1 comment:

  1. the sites in Prauge must have been amazing i can tell just from the pictures. I hope you had a good time

    ReplyDelete